If you’d like to receive the National Center’s Weekly Snapshot of resources and new information or other email communications, please join the NCCPS mailing list.
Current Status of the National Center
Margolis Healy has announced the selection of three new staff members for the National Center for Campus Public Safety. Andrea Young, Megan O’Neil and Heather Gibbs recently joined the Margolis Healy team and have been assigned to the National Center at the newly opened Burlington, Vermont office. Andrea Young has been hired as the Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator, and Megan O’Neil and Heather Gibbs have joined the team as Research Associates. The new staff members joined Director Kim Vansell, hired earlier this spring, in July to begin the important work of establishing the National Center as the first comprehensive, centralized resource for issues related to campus safety, security and emergency management.
The National Center staff are currently working on several priority projects that include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a Trauma-Informed Sexual Assault Investigation and Adjudication training curriculum for campus officials who would be involved in the investigation and adjudication process. The National Center will pilot this training in the fall of 2014 and begin conducting train-the-trainer courses late this year.
- Creating an expanded National Center for Campus Public Safety website that will provide access to resources and research, technical assistance and training information, a calendar of events, news, and more. This site will go live in the fall of 2014 and will be updated on an ongoing basis.
- Maintaining a national directory of campus public safety executives to include police chiefs, public safety executives and emergency managers. This directory will be made available to members through the National Center website in the fall of 2014.
- Publishing our newest email communication, The Weekly Snapshot, that will serve as a source for the latest tips, information and current campus safety resources from the National Center. If you would like to receive this publication, please join our mailing list or update your email preferences.
Representatives of Margolis Healy have also spoken, and continue to speak, at numerous meetings and conferences promoting the National Center and how it will assist campus safety professionals to protect the nation’s colleges and universities.
- Behavioral threat assessment and management models. (Fall 2014)
- Training and Technical Assistance on emerging risks to campus safety and security and the development and dissemination of tools and resources. (Fall 2014 and ongoing)
- Margolis Healy has begun the process of hiring an Administrative Assistant and a Staff Accountant to support the National Center. To view job details, visit Current Job Openings. (Fall 2014)
- October 13-15, 2014: Presenting at the University of Vermont Legal Issues Conference, Burlington, VT
- October 25-28, 2014: Attending the IACP 121st Annual Conference and Exposition, Orlando, FL
- November 13, 2014: Presenting at the Heartland Summit, Johnson County Community College, Overland Park, KS
- November 15-16, 2014: Attending the IAEM Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX
For more information, contact email@example.com